By Nayita Wilson
A powerful phrase, a vivid image, a convincing infographic, or an engaging video? You decide. Just remember that no matter your preference, content counts and is undeniably influential!
In fact, there’s no doubt in my mind that content and messaging drive PR. The one challenge most brands or campaigns face, however, is bringing content to life to achieve established PR goals.
Happily, there is this amazing thing about challenges that I absolutely love: they can always be CONQUERED! So for the moment, let’s breathe fresh life into your content marketing for the purpose of achieving your PR Goals!
- Set realistic goals and timeframes. Before your write or produce content, determine how many pieces you want to produce and set deadlines for production.
- Incorporate quality. High quality images and graphics can turn a mundane social media post into a radical conversation starter.
- Write powerfully. Strive to let your words leave indelible and unforgettable impressions on your audience. Spark engagement and interests with words that are impactful, evoke emotion and are relatable.
- Pick one word or two, and own them. Solidify a few words that you can incorporate throughout your content campaign, and run with them!
Recently, world renowned recording artist Adele created a record breaking single entitled “Hello” that practically popularized the standard U.S. greeting. Garnering 27.7 million views within a 24-hour window, Adele’s “Hello” music video set a new record for the number of views within that time period, according to a web staff news report from CP24.com. Additionally, it broke YouTube records by reaching 1 billion views in 88 days. This is one of countless illustrations as to how messaging, employed across multi-media can impact audiences.
Adele chose “hello.” So, what’s your word?
My word for you is: ACHIEVE!
Read Other Expert Articles by the Author
- Old School Business Cards Matter in a New School Market by Nayita Wilson
- Breaking into PR by Nayita Wilson
Nayita Wilson is owner & CEO of NVisions Communications & Consulting, a vision driven public relations firm headquartered in the Greater New Orleans region that specializes in media relations, messaging, strategic communications, and brand positioning. She can be reached via email here.
Connect with NVisions at Facebook.com/NVisionsCommunications and on Twitter @NVisionsPR.
©2016, NVisions Communications & Consulting LLC